Sunday, May 13, 2012

Monkey Bites!

I love chocolate covered frozen banana's...
always have... always will!

So when I saw this recipe from
for bite size frozen banana's, 
I knew I had to make them... 
after a few ingredient modifications 
(including a new recipe title) 
I was very happy with the end result!


Monkey Bites


2-4 Banana's sliced into 1-2" sections
2/3 cup of chocolate chips
2/3 cup of peanut butter
Coconut flakes or chopped peanuts or both!

  1. Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper
  2. Slice banana's (you should yield approx. 5 bites per banana)
  3. Place banana pieces in the freezer for about 15 minutes (this will help the chocolate firm up upon dipping).
  4. Melt chocolate & peanut butter in the microwave (high) for about 1 minute - stir until smooth.
  5. Dip banana's & place on paper.
  6. Sprinkle immediately with coconut (before the chocolate sets)
  7. Return your Monkey Bites to the freeze for at least 1 hour. 


You can start eating them as early as a hour 
(they won't be frozen through)... 
or let them freeze over night for a 
true "frozen" banana experience.

Store in an airtight container.



I had to revise the original recipe to suit my taste. 
For example - the original recipe called for vegan chocolate & unsweetened coconut...
it's not that I have anything against vegan, 
but at my house, chocolate is always REAL chocolate & coconut is always SWEET!


*** Party Tip ***
If you are planning a carnival or circus themed party anytime soon, the "Monkey Bites" would pair nicely with these "Mini Caramel Apples"  that 
I featured a few days ago...
just sayin'!!!


Click <HERE>
to get the Mini Caramel Apple Recipe


Delish!!!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS