This recipe from
really is crazy-good!
Crazy Feta Dip
2 bricks of feta cheese, 8 ounces each
3 whole jalapeno peppers
1/4 cup olive oil + 1 tablespoon
1 bulb garlic
the juice of half a lemon
the zest of half a lemon
salt and pepper
- Roast Garlic - Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Chop the top off the garlic bulb and drizzle it with a teaspoon of olive oil. Wrap it in foil and roast for 25-30 minutes, or until garlic is golden in color.
- Roast Jalepenos - At the same time, brush the jalapenos with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Either grill or roast them until they were charred. Remove both from oven and let cool. Once jalapenos are cooled, remove skins, cut in half and discard the seeds. Chop into small pieces.
- Mix Dip - In a large bowl, crumble the feta bricks. Add chopped jalapenos, the zest of half a lemon, and the juice of half a lemon. Squeeze the roasted garlic out of the bulb directly into the feta. Add 1/4 cup of olive oil and mash with a fork. You want the feta to be a bit “wet”.
- Taste & Serve - Taste the feta, salt and pepper to taste. Serve with pita chips, warm pita or naan.
- Store It - Store in the fridge for up to one week. Serve at room temperature.
This recipe makes about 2 cups of dip
Be sure to pop on over to
for more delicious recipes!!!