A Delicious Idea
from 5 Dollar Dinners
via SC Johnson
1. To make the raspberry ice cubes, add one cup of water and half cup of sugar to a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. Once boiling, add the raspberries and let cook for about five minutes.
3. Remove from the heat and use a potato masher or fork to gently mash the raspberries. You want some of them to stay mostly intact and others to let out their delicious red juices.
4. Let cool for about 20 minutes, and then pour the raspberries and syrup juice into ice cube trays.
5. Allow four to six hours for complete freezing. Makes 30 to 36 ice cubes.
Simple Syrup1. For the simple syrup, add one cup of sugar and one cup of water and bring to a boil, stirring once or twice.
2. Then remove from heat and let cool for 20 minutes before adding to the lemon juice.
3. Juice the lemons and pour the juice into the serving pitcher.
4. Dilute with three to four cups of water, depending on how strong you like your lemonade.
5. Stir in the slightly cooled simple syrup and refrigerate for at least two hours.