Wednesday, September 28, 2011

REAL PARTY ~ Night Owl Birthday Party

Today is my daughter's 7th Birthday...
Last weekend we had her
birthday party & it was a "hoot"!

The birthday girl called the shots gave me the low down, 
and what she wanted to go down. Here's what I had to work with:
"I want to have a pajama party & eat pizza, candy & smore's... 
I want Justin Bieber to be there, and I want to dance... 
oh, and I want homemade ranch on my salad".

Based on this detailed criteria from my "almost" 7 year old, and along with some SERIOUS inspiration from Anj over at Snowy Bliss 
(her Night Owl themed party was ah-mazing... 
well, the truth is, everything she does is amazing!) 
The following party was born,
and as we know, every great party starts 
with a great invitation...
Anj's Night Owl printable party invites & partyware did not disappoint. I had fun assembling, creating & crafting 
the invites & party accessories! 
I added my own hot pink mounting to give it some umph!

Welcome to "our nest"...
This wreath is one of my faves!

It looks like it's almost Party Time...
I had fun making the "lanterns" using punch balls, scrap ribbon & faux gerber daisies! They we easy & festive...

I love my Happy Everything Platter 
from Coton Colors Pottery...


The table was set for some 
serious pizza eating...



Believe it or not, the bottles of "Crush" were a HUGE hit... 

S'more's bar... check!



Justin Bieber Dance Party... check!
 "The Bieb's" looks ready to party!


Flashlights from Dollar Tree were a huge hit...

Getting our glow on!!!

They danced...

And danced...

Whether I like it or not, 
Justin Bieber is my daughters "Donny Osmond"...
and yes I know that this just "dated" me, but Donny's still hot... 
so there! 



I want candy... check!





And now for an added surprise... 
"Owl Adoptions"!



So, the question became... 
how to decide "hoo" gets which owl???
That's easy, I made these cute little head bands with a surprise # on the underside. The girls picked a head band & that adopted & named the corresponding owl...


And Every Owl has a story...
We had 14 owls in all! 
I tried to get pictures of all of them, 
here are a few... 

























Needless to say, a good time was had by all & although the actual Justin Bieber could not make it to the party, his "stand in" did a fine job entertaining 14 six & seven year olds!!!



The Party Details:

Printable invitations, owl stories & adoption cards ~ Came from Anj's Snowy Bliss Etsy Shop

"The Owlies" ~ Came from the uber talented Karen @ Bellamina on Etsy I wish I could sew like Anj, and make those darling felt owls that she made, but alas I cannot... so I had to source some owls. Karen @ Bellamina was awesome! She worked with me to create unique one of a kind creations to match Anj's imaginative "Owl Story Cards"... 


The Owl Bags ~ came from the dollar bin at Old Navy...

"The Dance Clubhouse" ~ my neighbor let me borrow 2 "EZ Ups" and then we lined them with plastic shower curtain liners from the dollar bin @ Target. They came with plastic curtain rings that we used to hang the curtains, then we used glue dots to hold the curtains together & create the "walls". It was easy & the end result was fabulous!


"The Door Wreath" ~ came from Polka Dot Market I love this wreath & it used along with the Happy Everything Platter as a universal celebration decor at our house. You can order this exact wreath or create your own...Polka Dot Market is a great site that's definitely worth checking out!!!

"Happy Everything Platter" ~ came from Coton Colors Pottery we LOVE their stuff!!!

The Lifesize Justin Bieber ~ I found JB on Amazon, he was $32 but worth every penny, the girls loved him (plus he is offered with Super Saver free shipping so that was a bonus:o)

The Music ~ just created a playlist from our iPod & used our little "boom box" to spin the tunes...

Plastic partyware, punchballs, flashlights, glow jewelry & candy ~ Came from the Dollar Tree 

Happy Birthday Baby Girl...
I love you so!!!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS