Saturday, July 2, 2011

A New Classic!

I love a Caprese Salad..
hands down, it's one of my fave's!

So when I saw this 
new way to serve my 
beloved salad, 
I just had to share it!

Take a whole tomato and cut slices into it (about 1/4″ thick) without cutting all the 
way thru the other side. Insert a slice of fresh mozzarella cheese and a basil 
leaf in between each slice.  

Once the tomato is stuffed 
(it should “fan” out a bit) drizzle 
olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the top.  Drizzle it with your favorite 
sea salt – and voila!  

Thank you to 
for helping me see 
my old favorite in a 
whole new way!

PS - don't forget the 
appetizer size!
Using a cherry tomato... 
the perfect bite size.
I'm just sayin'...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS