Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sloppy Joe's

I've been on the hunt for a good homemade Sloppy Joe recipe & I think I've found a winner!

From 

I think this recipe is particularly good because of the smoked paprika 
(but that's just my opinion :o)

Regardless, these are a real crowd please for the kids & super easy to have in a crock pot at family friendly parties.


Easy Sloppy Joes

(by Reeni)

1 yellow onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
olive oil, for sauteing
1 + 1/4 pounds ground beef or turkey
1 + 1/3 cups ketchup (like Hunts no high fructose corn syrup)
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 heaping tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon chile powder
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2/3 cup water
sandwich or hamburger rolls for serving

1. In a large skillet saute onion and pepper over medium-low heat until tender. Remove from skillet and brown beef over medium heat. Drain grease.

2. Add sauteed vegetables back in along with ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, spices, salt, pepper and water. Bring to a simmer and cook about 20 minutes or until water is absorbed, stirring often. 

3. Serve on toasted rolls. 

Serves 4-5.

And I know what you might be thinking...
Sloppy Joe's are just for kids, right?
Not so!

Try making "Mini" Joe Slidersserve as an appetizer & watch them disappear!

 I'll never go back to 
"the mix" ever again...
Thank you to 
Reeni @ 

You made my day delish!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS