Friday, March 4, 2011

Paper Pinwheels

I love pinwheels! I always have. So when I came across this paper pinwheel pattern by Heather Bailey I couldn't resist making them for my daughter's 5th birthday party.  We had a Cooking themed birthday party. Our local culinary store hosted cooking & baking classes for over a dozen 5-6 year olds. They made their entire meal of homemade pizza, rolling their own homemade pizza dough... chopped salad (yes they used real knives... I was amazed!) & chocolate cupcakes from scratch. It was not only delicious, but the girls had a great time too! 


So what do paper pinwheels have to do with cooking? The answer is... nothing. But they looked stinkin' cute as a centerpiece during the party, and the girls squealed with delight when they got to take one home as a favor!


For the actual construction of the pinwheels... I assembled a team of talented crafty friends (Lynn Miyasaki & Peggy Walker, you know who you are!!!) and off we went. The finished product was fab! Check 'em out...










Click on the "pink link" below to get the pattern:
Heather Bailey Pinwheel Pattern
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS